Powderhorn presents First Annual Slopeside Fat Bike Race hosted by MAD Racing!
Course Stats: 1.6 mi / 330’ Vertical.
Course Details: Up to 200 will riders start above the deck area, heading west to West End on the “Return From West End” road. The riders will experience a rolling terrain all the way to West End. At the West End lift, the riders head up the hill for a little while to hop onto Boardwalk, which takes them back toward the base of Powderhorn. This Boardwalk trail is a gradual climb taking the riders to the top of the bunny hill (Easy Rider Lift). Once there, they will go down E-Z and through a terrain park. Spectators and supporters will want to gather here for some fun action. The riders will continue across the slope to pass by the Sunset Grille and pass by the deck to do another lap or 2 or more... The riders will have 1 hour to complete as many laps they can!
- 3:00pm-4:00pm: Registration / Packet Pickup.
- 4:00pm-5:00pm: Course open for pre-ride – PLEASE DO NOT RIDE UNTIL 4:00PM; resort is considered under ski operations until 4:00pm.
- 5:00pm: Start race – mass start.
- 6:00pm: Approx. finish time – Approx. 1 hour of riding!
- 6:30pm: Awards / Raffle!
Categories & Pricing: >> TOTAL PARTICIPATION LIMIT @ 200 <<
- Junior Women (18 & under) - $15 / race day $20
- Junior Men (18 & under) - $15 / race day $20
- Open Women - $25 / race day $30
- Open Men - $25 / race day $30
- Women 50+ - $25 / race day $30
- Men 50+ - $25 / race day $30
*ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN JANUARY 6TH @ 9:00PM!
The SlopeSide Inn will offer competitors & family a 15% discount on lodging - call the SlopeSide Inn (970) 697-2001 to book and receive your discount on lodging. Slope Side Inn website: http://slopesideskiclub.com/